Sunday, August 26, 2012

Preparation for Leeds Residential

In a few days time I'll be jumping on a plane to head for Manchester and then onwards to Leeds for the OCA Photography course residential weekend.  This will be an interesting visit in so many ways, almost exactly 30 years ago I made a journey to Leeds aged 18 to start the first year of my undergraduate life.  It is a special parallel that I go once again to this city as an undergraduate student.  I suspect I will drink less beer this coming weekend than I did on my first visit so many years ago!

In preparation for the workshop I have been assembling and printing a portfolio of 10 prints for discussion.  There are many different ways I could have done this, I have elected to bring 10 of the shots that I am working together into my "Die Muenchener" Assignment 4 and book concept.  Although still early days it would be very useful for me to get feedback on the image selection, printing technique, and in particular to have a discussion about the conceptual basis for the set.

These are the 10 images, a varied group from many individual shoots.  Whether they are the best I cannot say yet, but I think they are representative of my most recent style and approach.











5 comments:

  1. Good to have a preview and look forward to meeting you on Saturday. You're certainly a lot further ahead than I am on thinking what to bring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to be, the way work is at the moment I wanted to have everything ready over the weekend. However, I also wanted to take a look at where I was with this project. I think the portfolio review will be a good chance to get some feedback on where I am and where I am going. I have picked what I think are the most interesting images, but also not necessarily the best quality wise. I was tempted to use an assignment from Landscape, but as I am done with that now, any feedback would be less useful.

      Am also looking forward to saying hello and getting a chance to chat a little more than is possible here or on Flickr. The weekend will be hard work, but is firmly in mind as a holiday for me.

      Delete
  2. Look forward to seeing you, and these prints, in a few days! Like Catherine I am very impressed by your organisational skills. Speaking of which, now I've found this blog I can't see a 'follow' button.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen, the same, I am really looking forward to spending more time with other students. I can only really get to one event a year, so the residential is great as I get more benefit from the travel commitment.

      I have added a follower widget to the blog. Previously I did not need to do this, must admit, I am not very gifted when it comes to any form of social media systems.

      Delete
  3. I have found the follower widget now - it makes it so much easier for me to keep up with people as I just don't remember to check without a prompt.

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete